Exploring
Twenty feet above the Mississippi River
Monday, September 24, 2012
You Have To Take Chances in Las Vegas
Life is full of gambles, no certainties, you take a roll of the dice, just one more card, just one more spin of the wheel, but taking that chance is life. Without that chance what would life be like, I'll tell you: BORING. Kidney failure was not something I would have bet on, or even wished for, but it was the hand I was dealt, so I play the cards I was dealt. I always say kidney failure is what I have, not who I am. I am going to continue to draw cards till they run out, I hope it takes a long, long time. Now onto my last dialysis treatment on Saturday in Las Vegas. I was in awe of the size on the unit, 40 chairs, a DaVita unit. There are also 18 more in Vegas along with a few Fresenius units and a few hospital units. Of course Las Vegas is the largest city I have been in so far on the trip (approximately 1.5 million people). At first I kind of felt like a cow in a large milking parlor, they go down the row and stick the needles in and hook you up, it was all done with care and professionalism, but nevertheless, quickly and without much personal attention. I felt safe and secure, just not like a welcomed patient, but with so many patients I can see how that would be the case. I had an uneventful treatment, just like I like them. I did notice lots of posters and art work around the room, indicating that the patient is first and foremost and special and so on, put I didn't feel any of the camaraderie between staff and patient that my home unit has.Now that is special, and I miss my home unit a lot. I have had good, even great experiences on the road, but there is no place like home. I miss all my dialysis buddies too. I'll be home soon. Love to all♥♥♥
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment