Exploring

Exploring
Twenty feet above the Mississippi River

Saturday, September 8, 2012

I Love Boulder, Colorado

I've been in the Boulder area now for 2 days, and I love it.   The foothills of the Rocky Mountains.  So beautiful. First on all we met Andy, Gabriel's college chum from Colgate, who has a quaint music store called Albums-on-the-Hill, in Boulder, for lunch. Andy took us to lunch at The Sink, a great place where both the POTUS (which I just learned  is the acronym for the President of the United States) and Guy Fieri ate recently.  A big deal and real surprise for me, since I am an avid fan of both.  The Sink is full of character, and murals and graffiti cover the walls and ceilings.  Andy is a great host, willing to tell all about Boulder and its history.  We then walked around the city, with lots of little shops and lots to see. Boulder is alive and vibrant, due to all the youth, the home of the University of Colorado.  Then on to stay and visit with friends just outside of Boulder, Noel and Terry.  Their home is gorgeous. I didn't want to get out of the shower, the most incredible shower ever, so nice.  But even better Terry has the greatest collection of  vintage race cars.  The most wonderful of all is the '59 Aston Martin, DB4GT,  the most beautiful green. I am now waiting for Terry to take me for a ride in his '66 Shelby.  See pictures soon on Facebook. I am able to enjoy this time fully because the dialysis treatment I received Thursday was great. I had a little fluid overload, which Gabriel told you about, but they were able to get me to 2/10 of a kilo under my dry weight. They get 4.5 kidneys.  Way to go. Thanks to Ralph and Joyce. So, I'll let you go for now, I'm going for a ride in a Shelby! ♥♥♥

PS: Just got back from the ride. Amazing! What power, to go through those gears and feel the torque, the rumble of the engine. I was fascinated by the seat. They keep you snug for the turns. It's just so much power, I can't describe it. So far it's the highlight of the trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment