Exploring

Exploring
Twenty feet above the Mississippi River

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Why this trip means so much to me

I need this trip because I need to feel the freedom of the road. I need to feel the intimacy of my husband beside me in the car chewing up thousands of miles on roads, seeing the beautiful nature that the county has to offer. Nothing more peaceful. I'm not trying to run or escape the daily routines, because being on dialysis means having to go to dialysis three times a week to stay alive and healthy, and I accept that as my life. I see dialysis as a challenge, welcoming all the experiences I have. I meet interesting people and I love that. Dialysis for me has become a way of life, a part of my life that I accept for what it is, necessary and wonderful. This trip will only show a part of being on dialysis, the rest of the trip will allow me to be alone with my husband, sharing and loving being by his side to see a lot of this beautiful country, so come with me and experience through my words the fun, interesting time we are going to have. ♥

1 comment: