Exploring

Exploring
Twenty feet above the Mississippi River

Thursday, July 19, 2012

First Things First




I can't wait to leave on our trip, as you know nothing is easy, not for me anyway. I won't let it stop me or even slow me down. I just came home from a doctor's appointment, a vascular surgeon. I need to have some surgery on my leg, I've needed it for some time, but due to other issues it was put off. Now just 45 days, no by the time I have the surgery 37 days till we leave for a long-awaited, month-long, almost cross-country trip. The surgery I'm having is an ax-em on my left leg, where Dr. Moglia ( the best surgeon ever) will make a small incision under my collarbone and thread a graft down to a blockage in my left leg. I make it sound simple, it may be a little more complicated than I describe but you get the idea. Anyway come on September 1st, that's when we will have our little Toyota loaded and ready to go. I will be in the passenger seat the night before, waiting for Gabriel. More to come soon, I probably should mention I have renal failure and will have to get a dozen dialysis treatments on the trip but I expect to have some wonderful and challenging experiences and to meet some great people. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment